Preparation & Brewing
BREWING TEA (INSERT PHOTO - TBD)
Preparing the perfect cup of tea is quite simple. All you need is the proper serving of tea leaves, an infuser of your choice and fresh, cold water that has just been boiled. It comes down to five simple steps. Recommended servings are based on an 8 oz. cup. These are general guidelines though. If you prefer stronger tasting tea, simply add more leaves to the infuser. NOTE: the more leaves you add the more space they will require to expand so we recommend using a basket infuser.
1) Bring fresh, cold water to a rolling boil. Always start with the freshest, purest source of water available as this will heavily impact tea's flavor.
2) Add tea leaves to a teapot or infuser basket. Use 1 teaspoon – 3 teaspoons (1 tablespoon) per cup (8 oz) of water depending upon tea type and desired strength. (see our Brewing Chart below for recommended measurements/per tea type).
3) Pour boiled water directly over black, oolong and herbal tea. Allow water to cool slightly before pouring over green tea, white tea or yerba maté.
4) Cover and steep (infuse) leaves for 2-5 minutes depending on the tea type (see our Brewing Chart below for recommended times)
5) Remove tea infuser from water or strain leaves. ENJOY!